Naoaki Okuzumi, IRID Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivers Lecture.
[Knowledge Management Society of Japan] (June 30, 2017)
IRID Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Naoaki Okuzumi delivered a lecture entitled “Overview of the International Research Institute for Nuclear Decommissioning (IRID)” at the Knowledge Innovation Workshop organized by the Knowledge Management Society of Japan, held in the lecture hall, at Hitotsubashi University on June 30, 2017.
The lecture was attended by approximately 20 people from various companies, who have been engaged in the study on practical knowledge management. He presented a brief overview of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant accident and the current status of technology for decommissioning developed by IRID. Furthermore, the lecture featured a discussion with the audience on issues to be solved (ensuring young talent, approach to knowledge management as Technological Research Association and the balance between competition and cooperation, etc.) from the perspective of knowledge management.
Lecture attendees provided various opinions such as, “IRID should create a positive image of decommissioning,” “The importance of Career Paths for human resources engaged in decommissioning activities,” “Giving young researchers a dream for decommissioning,” and “IRID should provide ‘community space’ in order to strengthen the function of IRID’s organization members.”
IRID is committed to promoting positive cooperation with colleges, universities and research institutes through various lectures, including visiting lectures.
- [Photos] Click image to enlarge.
- Human Resource Development
- Naoaki Okuzumi, IRID Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivers Lecture. [Knowledge Management Society of Japan] (June 30, 2017)
- IRID Executive Director, Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Delivers Lecture [at Nagoya University] (June 19, 2017)
- IRID Vice President, Dr. Tamio Arai, Delivers Lecture [Special Lecture at Japan Association for Automation Advancement General Meeting] (June 3, 2017)
- Mr. Kuwabara, General Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture, [KAST Educational Seminar: "Starting with 'Decommissioning' as a New Step"] (March 14, 2017)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture [Iwaki Manufacturing Academy, The 3rd Decommissioning Course] (February 9, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Presentation at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (January 28, 2017)
- Small Workshop Held with Tokyo Institute of Technology (January 20, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Lecture at Nagoya University (November 26, 2016)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of IRID’s R&D Planning Department, Delivers Lecture at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (October 27, 2016)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director, Delivers Lecture at Tokyo Institute of Technology. (October 14, 2016)
- Small Workshop held in Co-operation with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Sep. 26, 2016)
- Mr. Hirohisa Kuwabara, General Manager of the R&D Strategy Planning Dept., gives lecture on Nuclear Science and Technology for Decommissioning (September 15, 2016)
- Mr. Takamori, General Manager, R&D Management Department, Lectured at The Nuclear Summer School in Oarai (August 1, 2016)
- Speech by Kenro Takamori, IRID General Manager, R&D Management Department at the 1st Conference for R&D Initiative on Nuclear Decommissioning Technology by the Next Generation (NDEC）(March 16, 2016)
- Speech by Hirohisa Kuwahara, IRID General Manager, R&D Strategy Planning Department at the 9th Student Research Presentation Meeting hosted by the Atomic Energy Society of Japan, Kanto-Koetsu Office (March 11, 2016)
- Industry-University Cooperation Exchange Meeting with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Feb. 29, 2016)
- Small workshop at the University of Tsukuba (Feb 9, 2016)
- Lecture by Kazuhito Yokoi, General Manager of the IRID Development Planning Office [The 4th University-Industry Cooperation Forum at University of Aizu] (Mar. 2, 2015)
- Guest Lecture by IRID’s Kazuhito Yokoi at National Institute of Technology, Oyama College (Dec. 8, 2014)
- Participation of the workshop ‘Decommissioning Basic Research: Human resource development program’ hosted by MEXT (FY2014)
- Workshop for R&D Plan and Scientific Research for Decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, Jointly Hosted by MEXT and IRID in FY2013