IRID is engaged in ongoing development of technology for repairing leakage points in the Primary Containment Vessel (PCV) under a project sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) for the FY2016-2017 period towards the decommissioning of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station.
- Recent Posts
- Investigation Inside PCV / Development of a Device to Investigate inside PCV of Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2 [Development by Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation] (December 22, 2017)
- Full-scale Test for Repair Technology for Leakage Points inside the Primary Containment Vessel: Reinforcement of Suppression Chamber Support Columns [IRID / Hitachi GE Nuclear Energy] (July 31, 2017)
- Full-scale testing of PCV Leakage Point Repairing Technology : Full-scale testing of Water Stoppage Technology by Filling in Suppression Chamber (S/C) [IRID / TOSHIBA] (June 24, 2017)
- Development of technology for criticality control in fuel debris retrieval: Development of “critical approach monitoring method” using Kyoto University Critical Assembly (KUCA) (June 21, 2017)
- Investigation inside Primary Containment Vessel (PCV): Development of Submersible Crawling Robot to Survey inside PCV of Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 [Development by TOSHIBA] (June 15, 2017)