IRID’s Technology Advisory Committee’s subcommittee members visit to observe development status of PCV internal investigation equipment (Aug.19, 2014)
On Aug.19, 2014, members of a subcommittee* of the IRID Technology Advisory Committee made an inspection visit to the site where equipment(robots, etc.) is being developed for conducting investigation inside the Primary Containment Vessel (PCV).
- 1. Date and time: Fri. Aug.19, 2014, 15:00-17:30
- 2. Place : Keihin Product Operations, TOSHIBA Corporation
2-4 Suehiro, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Kanagawa
- 3. Attendees : (IRID Subcommittee) Chairman: Mr. Hajime Asama,
Committee members: Mr. Ura, Mr. Daido, Mr. Yoshinada
- 4. Purpose : To ensure the further development of internal PCV investigation equipment
(robots etc.) by receiving expert advice.
After the visit, Subcommittee members called for greater fault tolerance and a clarification of risks by repeating mock-up tests, suggested that a system using fish eye camera to improve the ability for space perception be considered, and pointed out there is a possibility of cable being twisted when it is used repeatedly, and so on.
Based on the experts’ advice, improvement of the equipment and testing and training using mock-up facilities will be conducted. The devices observed during the inspection will be introduced at the Fukushima Daiichi NPS from the first half of FY2015.
* “Subcommittee of Fuel Debris Retrieval Technologies”
- For further details on the devices observed on the day, please see the following webpage:
- Development status of equipment for internal PCV investigation
- Technology Advisory Committee
- The 8th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting (March 27, 2019)
- The 7th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting (February 2, 2018)
- The 6th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting (August 4th, 2016)
- The 5th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting (Mar.1, 2016)
- The 4th Technology Advisory Committee Meeting
- IRID’s Technology Advisory Committee’s subcommittee members visit to observe development status of PCV internal investigation equipment
- The 3rd Technology Advisory Committee Meeting
- Site Inspection by Subcommittee Members to Determine Development Status of PCV Leakage Investigation Devices
- The 2nd Technology Advisory Committee Meeting
- The 1st Technology Advisory Committee Meeting