For the purpose of addressing the contaminated water issue, we have received a total of 780 responses from Japan and international community. We would like to express our deep gratitude for kind support and cooperation provided to us.
Responses to RFI has been classified into associated items, sub-items and major categories of each area of technology requested by the IRID’s contaminated water technology review team, which was then reviewed with comments by the Expert Review Panel (ERP). The result of RFI was presented to the Japanese government’s Committee on Countermeasures for Contaminated Water Treatment on November 15 as below.
- The Result of RFI for Addressing the Contaminated Water Issue
- Attachment : Expert Review Panel
- Appendix 1 : Summary of major responses to the RFI
- Topic 2 : Treatment of Contaminated water
- Topic 3 : Removal of radioactive materials from the seawater in the harbor
- Topic 4 : Management of contaminated water inside the buildings
- Topic 5 : Management measures to block groundwater from flowing into the site
- Topic 6 : Understanding the groundwater flow
- Topic 7 : Others (those that don’t fall into any of the categories 1 thru 6, or those with no mentioning of it)
- Appendix 2 : List of responses to the RFI for contaminated water issues
We are publicizing “Form 2″ provided by submitters as information available for disclosure.
Submissions with no “Form 2″ attached are accepted, but we refrain from disclosing such information.
Based on the result of RFI, the report on preventive and multi-layered countermeasures of contaminated water treatment was adopted by the Committee on Countermeasures for Contaminated Water Treatment. The report in Japanese is now available at the following web page of Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. English version will be available later.
Thank you very much for the submission of information and technology proposal to address contaminated water issues. Even after the RFI submission was ended on October 23, 2013, IRID has filed submissions and comments, and then reported them to the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy as the secretariat for the Committee on Countermeasures for Contaminated Water Treatment. Currently, IRID has finished its handling of RFI for contaminated water issues, which had been requested by the Agency, as of December 20, 2013.
If you have any further comments or questions about contaminated water issues, please contact the secretariat for the Committee on Countermeasures for Contaminated Water Treatment below.
Nuclear Accident Response Office, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy