For the purpose of addressing the contaminated water issue, we have received a total of 780 responses from Japan and international community. We would like to express our deep gratitude for kind support and cooperation provided to us.
Responses to RFI has been classified into associated items, sub-items and major categories of each area of technology requested by the IRID’s contaminated water technology review team, which was then reviewed with comments by the Expert Review Panel (ERP). The result of RFI was presented to the Japanese government’s Committee on Countermeasures for Contaminated Water Treatment on November 15 as below.
- The Result of RFI for Addressing the Contaminated Water Issue
- Attachment : Expert Review Panel
- Appendix 1 : Summary of major responses to the RFI
- Topic 2 : Treatment of Contaminated water
- Topic 3 : Removal of radioactive materials from the seawater in the harbor
- Topic 4 : Management of contaminated water inside the buildings
- Topic 5 : Management measures to block groundwater from flowing into the site
- Topic 6 : Understanding the groundwater flow
- Topic 7 : Others (those that don’t fall into any of the categories 1 thru 6, or those with no mentioning of it)
- Appendix 2 : List of responses to the RFI for contaminated water issues
We are publicizing “Form 2″ provided by submitters as information available for disclosure.
Submissions with no “Form 2″ attached are accepted, but we refrain from disclosing such information.
The Ministerial Meeting on Contaminated Water and Decommissioning Issues on September 10, 2013, discussed “Policies and Concrete Actions for Addressing the Contaminated Water and Decommissioning Issues”, and concluded that a team to collect expertise from all over the world and to invite proposal of countermeasures would be established.
In response to this determination, the International Research Institute for Nuclear Decommissioning (IRID) is going to transmit information about technical needs and requirements, to give initial review on information submitted, and thereafter report them to the Japanese government’s Committee on Countermeasures for Contaminated Water Treatment. We highly appreciate your cooperation.
Storage Tanks, etc.