As part of decommissioning activities for the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (NPS), operated by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), an investigation device was developed to survey the internal conditions of the pedestal in the primary containment vessel (PCV) of Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2. The investigation device was released to the media on December 22, 2017.
- Recent Posts
- Investigation Inside PCV / Development of a Device to Investigate inside PCV of Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2 [Development by Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation] (December 22, 2017)
- Full-scale Test for Repair Technology for Leakage Points inside the Primary Containment Vessel: Reinforcement of Suppression Chamber Support Columns [IRID / Hitachi GE Nuclear Energy] (July 31, 2017)
- Full-scale testing of PCV Leakage Point Repairing Technology : Full-scale testing of Water Stoppage Technology by Filling in Suppression Chamber (S/C) [IRID / TOSHIBA] (June 24, 2017)
- Development of technology for criticality control in fuel debris retrieval: Development of “critical approach monitoring method” using Kyoto University Critical Assembly (KUCA) (June 21, 2017)
- Investigation inside Primary Containment Vessel (PCV): Development of Submersible Crawling Robot to Survey inside PCV of Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 [Development by TOSHIBA] (June 15, 2017)