IRID is engaged in ongoing development of technology for repairing leakage points in the Primary Containment Vessel (PCV) under a project sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) for the FY2016-2017 period towards the decommissioning of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station.
- Recent Posts
- Detailed investigation inside PCV of Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2, and verification test for access and investigation equipment for fuel debris test retrieval at Kobe Shipyard & Machinery Works Kobe Plant, MHI, Ltd. [Developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), Ltd.]
- Boat-type Submersible Access Devices to Investigate Interiors of PCV at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station[Developed by Hitachi GE Nuclear Energy, Ltd. in 2019]
- An Operation Confirmation Test for a Robot Arm and Access Rail: Element Technology for Retrieving Fuel Debris using a Partial Submersion Side-Access Method.[Developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.]
- Development of a Small-amount Fuel Debris Sampling Device for the Detailed Investigation inside the Primary Containment Vessel [Developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries] (August 2019)]
- Investigation Inside PCV / Development of a Device to Investigate inside PCV of Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2 [Development by Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation] (December 22, 2017)