As part of decommissioning activities for the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (NPS), operated by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), an investigation device was developed to survey the internal conditions of the pedestal in the primary containment vessel (PCV) of Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2. The investigation device was released to the media on December 22, 2017.
- Recent Posts
- Detailed investigation inside PCV of Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2, and verification test for access and investigation equipment for fuel debris test retrieval at Kobe Shipyard & Machinery Works Kobe Plant, MHI, Ltd. [Developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), Ltd.]
- Boat-type Submersible Access Devices to Investigate Interiors of PCV at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station[Developed by Hitachi GE Nuclear Energy, Ltd. in 2019]
- An Operation Confirmation Test for a Robot Arm and Access Rail: Element Technology for Retrieving Fuel Debris using a Partial Submersion Side-Access Method.[Developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.]
- Development of a Small-amount Fuel Debris Sampling Device for the Detailed Investigation inside the Primary Containment Vessel [Developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries] (August 2019)]
- Investigation Inside PCV / Development of a Device to Investigate inside PCV of Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2 [Development by Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation] (December 22, 2017)