Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Lecture at Nagoya University (November 26, 2016)
Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, delivered a lecture entitled “On-site Response to the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Accident and its Decommissioning” at Nagoya University on November 26, 2016 (organized by Professor Yamamoto, Division of Quantum Science and Energy Engineering, Department of Materials, Physics and Energy Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering).
This lecture was conducted by Nagoya University as part of the FY2016 *Nuclear Regulatory Affairs “Human Resources Development Project”. With the aim of developing human resources in the nuclear regulatory field to establish and ensure nuclear safety based on physical phenomena, Nagoya University has systematically established lectures that also feature discussion sessions on basic safety concepts as well as overall concepts of new regulatory criteria and nuclear emergency preparedness. Three lectures were delivered on the day. There were: 1. Physical phenomenon of severe accidents; 2. Nuclear emergency preparedness; and 3. Major nuclear accidents.
Executive Director Yoshizawa described the response to the Fukushima accident and also emphasized the essential role of cooperation between academia, government and industry in the exploration of further approaches to the development of decommissioning technology, and particularly focused on the need for positive cooperation with universities and young researchers in his lecture.
The lecture was attended by students and relevant parties engaged in the nuclear industry. The audience listened with keen interest to the lecture on the post-Fukushima-accident response, the current status of decommissioning activities and issues still to be tackled.
IRID is committed to promoting positive cooperation with universities and research institutes through various lectures.
- [Photos] Click image to enlarge.
- Human Resource Development
- Lecture by Kenro Takamori, General Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department [KISTEC Educational Seminar “Starting with "Decommissioning" as the First Step: Developing Technology and Human Resources for the "Next Generation" as the Second Step”](March 14, 2018)
- Lecture by Dr. Tamio Arai [Introduction to Robots for Nuclear Decommissioning at the Department of Informatics, Faculty of Engineering, Kindai University](January 16, 2018)
- Small Workshop with Tokyo Institute of Technology (January 10, 2018)
- Vice President Dr. Tamio Arai Delivers Lecture at the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Technical Committee on the Knowledge Innovation in the Manufacturing and Management (November 13, 2017)
- The University of Tokyo – IRID Workshop was Held (November 1, 2017)
- IRID Presentation at the MIT-Tokyo Tech Workshop on Innovative Nuclear Energy Systems (October 27, 2017)
- A Lecture by Kenro Takamori, General Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, at Tohoku University Safety Seminar on Light Water Reactors (Overview of Nuclear Decommissioning) (September 21, 2017)
- A Lecture by Vice President Dr. Tamio Arai at the National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College [Overview of Decommissioning Robot] (September 13, 2017)
- Dr. Tamio Arai, IRID Vice President, Delivers Lecture at the Robotics Society of Japan Open Forum (September 11, 2017)
- Lecture by Vice President Dr. Tamio Arai and Kenro Takamori, General Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, at the FY2017 JAEA 3rd Summer School (September 6, 2017)
- Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Gives Speech at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (September 6, 2017)
- Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department Gives Speech at Fukushima Research Conference (ConFDeC2017)(September 5, 2017)
- Naoaki Okuzumi, IRID Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivers Lecture. [Knowledge Management Society of Japan] (June 30, 2017)
- IRID Executive Director, Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Delivers Lecture [at Nagoya University] (June 19, 2017)
- IRID Vice President, Dr. Tamio Arai, Delivers Lecture [Special Lecture at Japan Association for Automation Advancement General Meeting] (June 3, 2017)
- Mr. Kuwabara, General Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture, [KAST Educational Seminar: “Starting with ‘Decommissioning’ as a New Step”] (March 14, 2017)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivering Lecture [Iwaki Manufacturing Academy, The 3rd Decommissioning Course] (February 9, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Presentation at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (January 28, 2017)
- Small Workshop Held with Tokyo Institute of Technology (January 20, 2017)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director of IRID, Delivers Lecture at Nagoya University (November 26, 2016)
- Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of IRID’s R&D Planning Department, Delivers Lecture at National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College (October 27, 2016)
- Mr. Atsufumi Yoshizawa, Executive Director, Delivers Lecture at Tokyo Institute of Technology. (October 14, 2016)
- Small Workshop held in Co-operation with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Sep. 26, 2016)
- Mr. Hirohisa Kuwabara, General Manager of the R&D Strategy Planning Dept., gives lecture on Nuclear Science and Technology for Decommissioning (September 15, 2016)
- Mr. Takamori, General Manager, R&D Management Department, Lectured at The Nuclear Summer School in Oarai (August 1, 2016)
- Speech by Kenro Takamori, IRID General Manager, R&D Management Department at the 1st Conference for R&D Initiative on Nuclear Decommissioning Technology by the Next Generation (NDEC）(March 16, 2016)
- Speech by Hirohisa Kuwahara, IRID General Manager, R&D Strategy Planning Department at the 9th Student Research Presentation Meeting hosted by the Atomic Energy Society of Japan, Kanto-Koetsu Office (March 11, 2016)
- Industry-University Cooperation Exchange Meeting with the Shibaura Institute of Technology (Feb. 29, 2016)
- Small workshop at the University of Tsukuba (Feb 9, 2016)
- Lecture by Kazuhito Yokoi, General Manager of the IRID Development Planning Office [The 4th University-Industry Cooperation Forum at University of Aizu] (Mar. 2, 2015)
- Guest Lecture by IRID’s Kazuhito Yokoi at National Institute of Technology, Oyama College (Dec. 8, 2014)
- Participation of the workshop ‘Decommissioning Basic Research: Human resource development program’ hosted by MEXT (FY2014)
- Workshop for R&D Plan and Scientific Research for Decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, Jointly Hosted by MEXT and IRID in FY2013