The Naraha town council members of Fukushima Prefecture, observed the access and investigation apparatus, the robot arm and the enclosure, for detailed investigation inside PCV and trial fuel debris retrieval for Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 2 (May 20, 2022)
The Naraha town council members of Fukushima Prefecture, visited the Naraha Center for Remote Control Technology Development, which is owned by the Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA), on May 20, 2022. The purpose of this visit was to observe the access and investigation apparatus, the robot arm and the enclosure, for detailed investigation inside the primary containment vessel (PCV) and the trial fuel debris retrieval of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (NPS) Unit 2.
Kindly visit the YouTube link below to view the video footage of the robot arm.
- Click [Photos] to see the enlarged view.
- Reports of Activities
- The Tochigi Aerospace Conference; Lecture by Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi at the 108th Annual Workshop (February 13, 2020)
- Booth Display at ROBOT & AEROSPACE FESTA FUKUSHIMA 2019 on November 22-23, 2019: R&D for Decommissioning of Fukushima Daiichi NPS and Introduction of Submersible Robot (November 22-23, 2019)
- The 18th Annual Lead Meeting: A lecture by Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of the R&D Strategy Planning Department (November 20, 2019)
- The 2nd Japanese Geotechnical Society Committee for Decommissioning; Lecture by Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of R&D Strategy Planning Department (October 28, 2019)
- Lecture at the 9th INMM-ESARDA-INMM Japan Joint Workshop (October 7, 2019)
- A Keynote Lecture by Mr. N. Okuzumi at the Tsuruga Decommissioning Seminar (September 10, 2019)
- IRID Symposium 2019: Challenges for Fuel Debris Retrieval Ⅲ (August 1, 2019)
- Special Lecture by Mr. Naoaki Okuzumi for Fukushima Technology Center Research Workshop (June 25, 2019)
- Dr. Tamio Arai, Vice President of IRID, Delivers a Lecture at the International Topical Workshop on Fukushima Decommissioning Research (FDR 2019) (May 26, 2019)
- Kenro Takamori, General Manager of the R&D Strategy Planning Department, Delivers Lecture at the International Research Centre for Nuclear Materials Science, Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University (April 11, 2019)
- Mr. Kenro Takamori, General Manager of R&D Strategy Panning Department, at the 2019 Spring Meeting, Atomic Energy Society of Japan. (March 20, 2019)
- Dr. Tamio Arai, Vice President of IRID, Delivers a Lecture at the NPO Environmental Veterans Firm (EVF) (March 19, 2019)
- Naoaki Okuzumi’s Lecture at the JAIF International Cooperation Center (JICC) (February 1, 2019)
- Naoaki Okuzumi, Senior Manager of the R&D Strategy Planning Department, Participated in the International Conference and Delivered a Lecture [OECD/NEA SAREF Joint Workshop on the Fukushima Daiichi Decommissioning/PreADES Project] (January 24 and 28, 2019)